
The other night we were having family home evening with the boys. This is always an adventure, but we try to persevere. We were gathering around and I asked "Who wants to say the opening pray?" And Hayden immediately raised his hand and came running over to me. I asked him if he wanted me to help him with the pray.
Normally he likes us to say the prayer "together" which entails you saying the prayer and him repeating the words after you. And when you get to the end of the pray and say "We say these things", Hayden says "Amen". Then we continue, "In the name of Jesus Christ." And Hayden says, "Amen." And we then say, "Amen." And Hayden says, "Amen".
This time however Hayden said he could do the prayer all by himself. I was a little leery, but thought it couldn't hurt to let him have at it. I was shocked. My little boy gave one of the most articulate prayers I have ever heard from a child. He prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for his many blessings and for the family and he prayed that we could sale our house. At the end of his prayer without a single bit of prompting he finished his pray with, "We say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I was almost in tears I was so proud of him.
No comments:
Post a Comment