Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sips please!


Ever since Hayden was born, we have tried to be cautious about what he eats and drinks. Not over the top, but a good balance. When he was really little and we would be drinking a soft drink, usually Dr. Pepper, and he would want some, we would say to him something along the lines of "Do you want a sip?", and then let him take the tinniest of sips.


When he was about three years old I was setting the table for dinner and I asked him what he would like to drink for dinner. After giving me a serious look he responds with "Sips!" It was such a cute thing to say and so innocent. So now when ever he wants to have a soft drink other than Sprite, he always asks for "Sips" and he prefers Dr. Pepper, not that he gets more than a sip or two.


Sometimes he will even ask for "DP", I'm not sure he know what it means, but he know Dave and I sure do like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment