A couple of weeks ago while Dave was at school he decided to go through the bathroom cabinets. He found the cap I use when I deep condition my hair. Needless to say he thought it was great fun and of course had to try it on.

Last week I went to get some thing out of the refrigerator. When I opened the door, this is what I saw.
When asked why his fruit snacks where in the fridge, Hayden's replay was there is a bowl for mom, one for dad and one for Hayden and the plate is for Turner for "later".
The other day while Dave was in San Antonio I asked Hayden what he wanted to eat for dinner. He decided he wanted to go to the bread company for macaroni and cheese. This was good as I always like the bread company. When we got there he changed his mind and got a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich, please who gets a pbj at a restaurant. Anyway at the bread company the kids meals come with an organic squeezable yogurt.
As I am sitting in the booth trying to get Turner to eat something, Hayden is whacking himself over the head repeatedly with the tube of yogurt. When asked why he was doing this, his response, "To annoy you, is it working?" What you say to your kids truly does come back to bite you in the butt.
On Sunday Hayden wanted to go outside and drive his Jeep. We told him we don't do that kind of thing on Sunday. The next thing we find in Hayden in the garage vacuuming out his Jeep (and a few body parts) so it would be clean for the next day.

While we were in Utah, Hayden was in the car with my parents as they were having a discussion about my mom spoiling the boys. Hayden's response to my dad, "Ah, let her spoil us." Then after my dad finished telling us a quick story about something Hayden sweetly looks at him and said, "Thanks for that nice story Grandpa."
On Tuesday we had the missionaries over for dinner. When I went to pick the boys up from daycare I said to Hayden, "Guess who's coming to dinner?" and his response was, "I know, I know the missionaries." So I thought this would be a great time to start talking to him about going on a mission one day and I said, " You know when you and Turner get bigger your dad and I hope you guys will decided to go on a mission." Hayden was quiet. So I continued "Your mom and dad both went on missions." Hayden is still quiet. And so I go on, "But if you decide not to, we will still love you." Hayden sat in the back seat and was real quiet and then I hear, "Nagh." I turned around and looked at him and asked, "what?" And he says to me, "Nagh, Turner and me don't want to go on missions." It was such a sweet and innocent response. And I really liked that he was looking out for his brother too. But it is definitely an area we will be revisiting from time to time over the next several years.
There are so many more, and I will probably come back and edit this post many times as I think of the many things he has said and done just in the last couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment