Monday, February 22, 2010

Taekwondo or Not

Hayden has been going to The Little Gym for forever. Okay maybe not forever only the last two and half years or so, and this semester I decided not to sign him up again, but to branch out and let him try other options. Dave and I went to the local martial arts studio and took the tour. We then got sucked into their introductory offer and signed Hayden up for a two week trial. So for $30 we got two weeks of classes (four total) and a cute karate pajama outfit (I know it has a real name, I just don't care) for Hayden. We then told Hayden about this great new opportunity, which he seemed to like, though come the first day of class and he didn't want anything to do with it. Dave was a master cajoler and talked Hayden into giving it a go which he did. The first day he came home with these two pieces of wood. He had broken them at the end of class with his hammer strike. He was so proud of that wood, it really wasn't very big only about five inches wide and about a foot long and maybe a quarter of an inch thick, but he was so proud of that wood. That night at bed he insisted on sleeping with the wood in his bed and the next day he took it to school. If he would misplace it, as he is known to do, he would cry "Where is my lumber?" So he was good with taekwondo for the moment. The following class he didn't get to break anything and was disappointed. Same with the third class. By the last class he was into full on boycott and decided he didn't want to do taekwondo anymore and even refused to go to class. I'm good with him not going if that is what he wants, but he sure did look cute in his little PJ outfit. What to do with it now? And how do I get the taedwondo place to stop calling? Well on to the next event, T-Ball starts in May. He looks so cute in his little PJ outfit.

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute little outfit and a bargain for 30$. He's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete