The boys and I took our semi annual trip to Utah to visit the grandparents. As always it was great, the food was awesome and we were exhausted by the time we got home. It is not quite as relaxing to visit my parents with two little boys in tow as it was when it was just me. As a matter of fact my mom asked "What did we used to do when you would visit before you had the boys?" We couldn't remember.
One of Hayden's favorite things to do when we visit my parents, besides swimming in the pool, is looking for ducks in the canal behind the house. Normally the ducks are not around this time of year, but this year we had a few stalwarts. Hayden loves to feed them and my mom usually buys him a loaf of bread from the day old store just for the occasion. He's not tall enough to see them but he is quite adept at maneuvering the deck furniture to stand on, and if you don't watch closely, he will throw the whole loaf of bread.

This is a picture of me being a bad mom. Hayden was crying because he didn't want to wear his church shoes to church. I had to take a picture to show him how silly he looked.

Salt Lake has an Aquarium. Who knew? Well a lot of people besides us, because it was packed. It was President's Day and lots of kids were home and so there were crazy crowds. I really wasn't expecting much from an Aquarium in Utah, Utah being land locked as it is, but I was very impressed. Despite the limited space they had tons of stuff to see and lots of hands on exhibits.


Hayden got to touch a sting ray, a star fish and some other things I'm not quite sure what they were. There was even a live octopus that was climbing up the glass enclosure.

They are even getting some penguins in March. I guess we'll have to go back on our next trip.
While we were walking around there was filming crew for the show "Little Chocolatiers". They were filming the little people visiting Aquarium. I didn't get a picture of the little people because I thought that might be a little tacky, (and we all know how I feel about tacky), but I did get a picture of my dad with Turner and most of the film crew. So if you watch Little Chocolatiers and you see the episode when they were at the Aquarium in Salt Lake (actually Sandy) we were there.


No comments:
Post a Comment