Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eclipse Experience . . .What was I thinking!


I didn’t even hear about Twilight until after the first movie came out. And when Wendy at church told me about these Vampire books she just couldn’t put down, I thought it was a little strange. So when I saw the book on sale at Costco for like six bucks I had Dave buy it for me and put it in my stocking for Christmas. The book sat on my nightstand for a couple of months, I had so much other stuff to read before that silly vampire book. I just know I would not be one of these people who gets sucked into this silly (and totally improbable) story line. Finally I got around to reading it and not only was I sucked in, but I was swallowed whole. I loved the books and before I had finished reading the first one I had ordered the other three. I read them all as fast as I could and then reread them. It was sad.

That being said I don’t own a t-shirt, I haven’t taken up a camp for either Edward or Jacob and I never dreamed of naming Turner after one of the characters. I was quite proud of my restraint in waiting to see the first movie until it came out on DVD. I even waited for the second movie to come out on DVD before seeing it.

That all came to an end the other night. A friend from church wanted to get a Twilight group together for the “Experience”. Who was I to say no. It sounded like to much fun. We both tried, but couldn’t talk anybody else into going with us. So we said what the heck and went just the two of us.

Now the “Experience” isn’t just watching the movie, it is watching all three movies in a row back to back with the new movie Eclipse starting at midnight. What fun, thanks Lacy!

The next morning totally sucked but it was so worth it and I really had a great time. Probably won't be doing it for Breaking Dawn next year, but who knows.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. Chad's niece was able to get tickets and all the girls in the family went. We actually had an early showing on the 29th so we didn't have to wait in line. I did really like the movie but I have to admit I liked the book better.

    ReplyDelete