March has been a little bit of a crazy month at our house. For the first two weeks I was away in Brunswick, George at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). It was a great training opportunity and I am so glad I went. I am now a fully trained and certified IRS instructor, whatever that means. But it is a certification I've wanted for a while because a lot of other advanced training, I've been wanting to take, seems to require it. Now we just have to wait and see what opportunities become available and go with the flow.
Because of Dave's school schedule my mom came up from Brownsville to help with the boys. Can't imagine what we would have done without her. I know I wouldn't have been able to go to GA and I am so grateful for her willingness to help out.
Dave had a great opportunity to go to New Orleans for five days in late March for the American Counseling Assoiciation (ACA) Conference being held there. He did some volunteer work as part of the Katrina cleanup (didn't that happen like over five years ago, I'm just saying) got to hear some great speakers and rub elbows with other counselors. He also got to tour the WWII museum and Civil War museum (so glad I wasn't there) which he loved.
So all in all the month of March saw us all over the south. But truly there is no place like home!
No comments:
Post a Comment