Saturday, March 12, 2011

Patience is a virtue!!

Patience is not one of my strong points. It is something the Lord has been trying to teach me for sometime now. So I am trying to take these lessons into stride. I found some bowls at Target that I really, really wanted. They weren't really expensive bowls, but they cost more than I wanted to spend. So I decided to wait and see if I could find them on clearance. And my patience paid off. I was a Target shopping for a few necessities and low and behold I found my bowls on sale for half price. Score me! I've also been wanting to replace my utensils for quite sometime. I like a nice heavy fork. I also wanted a simple pattern but something which was slightly unique. I found an Oneida pattern on the Internet that I really liked before Christmas, but couldn't justify buying it for myself at the time. Especially because it cost over $200 for the full set with the serving pieces. So I looked around and found them at Overstock.com for a really good price, but alas they were out of stock. I put my email address in and they said they would contact me when they got more in stock. Again my patience paid off. I got an email the other day from Overstock and they had my utensils in stock and they were on sale for under $100 including tax and shipping. YAHHH me!

So now not only do I have my pretty new and colorful bowls I have these great new utensils too. Patience truly is a virtue and slowly the Lord is teaching me the great joys and blessing of waiting for the time and the season of all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment