I was so mad. I was looking forward to having a couple of days off from work as a furloughed (non essential) employee. And what does congress do, just to thwart me (because as we all know the world does revolve around me) they go and pass a budget at the eleventh hour.
The craziest part is of all the agents in the office (about 20) I was the only one considered non essential because I wasn't currently working on an enforcement action. Never been so happy to be non essential in my life. Though it may have come with a couple of days of unpaid leave. I didn't even want a couple of days. I would have been happy with just one, but alas it was not to be.
I had already made plans, I was going to take my parents to the Guenther house for breakfast before the left to head back to Salt Lake, I was going to start a Yoga class I've been wanting to take for a while and I was going to catch up on my blog.
Oh well! I truly am grateful for my job and all the blessings it brings into my life (like security in these crazy times) and the lifestyle it allows me and my family to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment