Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More Haydenisms

Hayden is so fun. I think I couldn't love him any more than I do, and then he does or says something and I just love him more. Some of the cute things he does and says lately are :

He will tell these instense long stories and then give a little giggle and say, "How funny is that?" Which just makes me laugh super hard.

On Saturday we were driving around doing errands and I asked him what he wanted for dinner. I anticipated him to say a hot dog or a burger. He thought for a minute and said, "Me think I want shrimp. " I was a little taken back, but we ended up at Red Lobster for shrimp.

I was at Costco yesterday buying supplies for the office and Turner was kind of cranky and hungry. Hayden sweetly sat in the cart and held the bottle so Turner could eat and I could get the things I needed.

He is such a good sharer. I don't even have to ask him to share. He always wants to take treats to school to share with his best friends Adam and Conner, but the teacher tells me he willingly shares with everyone.

The other night he snuck into our bed, so I lovingly carried him back to his bed and explained he needed to sleep in his own bed. I then gave him Tops one of his stuffed dinosaurs and asked if he wanted anyone else to sleep with, me thinking another stuffed animal. He tearfully replied, "Yes, daddy." About broke my heart.
It amazes me that he is so full of love. He thinks all little animals are "adorable". I love to hear him say that word. He thinks his brother is "adorable" also.
I was reading him one of his backyard magazines the other day and I was pointing out some letters like "A" and asking him what they were. He said to me, "Mom, no learning, just read."
And he is quite the negotiator. Every night Dave or I reads him books before he goes to bed, which he really seems to like. Last night he tried to trade the book reading for the opportunity to sleep in our bed.
He has become my Survivor buddy. He always askes if he can watch Survivor with me, he likes to watch for the animals on the show.

I know there are many more, and I will think of them all as soon as I post this, but there is always tomorrow or edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment