On Sunday while sitting in the chapel between Sacrament and Sunday School I overheard a conversation between a young boy and his older sister. In essence he was threatening to hit her with his scripture bag and said: “I have scriptures and I know how to use them.”
This made me laugh really hard at the time. Later as I was thinking about what he said a deeper mean came to me and I reflected on my own personal life.
I have scriptures, do I know how to use them.
I have read them from time to time, and even listen to them occasionally on my MP3 player, but I’m not real good about “feasting” on them. I must admit I go for long periods of time where other than carrying them to and from the car to church I don’t pick them up. I could use the excuse, I am so busy, but isn’t everyone? I’d like to say I have resolved to do better, but I don’t want to lie. I do know of their importance and great value and am very grateful for them. I have several select passages which I would label as my favorites:
1 Kings 19:11 & 12
Roman 1:16
James 1:22
2 Nephi 11:7
Alma 37: 44 – 46
I have read them from time to time, and even listen to them occasionally on my MP3 player, but I’m not real good about “feasting” on them. I must admit I go for long periods of time where other than carrying them to and from the car to church I don’t pick them up. I could use the excuse, I am so busy, but isn’t everyone? I’d like to say I have resolved to do better, but I don’t want to lie. I do know of their importance and great value and am very grateful for them. I have several select passages which I would label as my favorites:
1 Kings 19:11 & 12
Roman 1:16
James 1:22
2 Nephi 11:7
Alma 37: 44 – 46
to name a few!
I know I need to “use” the scriptures better in my life and not only read them more often, but “feast” on their words. Because ultimately what good are they if I don’t use them.
I know I need to “use” the scriptures better in my life and not only read them more often, but “feast” on their words. Because ultimately what good are they if I don’t use them.
No comments:
Post a Comment