Friday, December 25, 2009

Damn Dog!

A couple of years ago I bought some Christmas stockings for the family with our names embroidered across the top. I was planning on buying a new one to match for Turner this year but alas they don’t make the same style of stocking anymore. So I looked around for a new stocking but couldn’t find any that I liked. I figured it wasn’t a big deal and Turner is only seven months old and probably doesn’t care he didn’t get a matching stocking this year. Hayden on the other hand has learned to read his name and was all over the fact that he had his own stocking with his name on it. I figured I would keep looking and by next year I would find and buy new matching stockings for the whole family with our names on them.

So I come home from work the other day to find one of the stockings in the middle of the family room floor with the toe chewed out of it by the damn dog. All I kept thinking in my mind is please let it be Dave’s or mine and no big deal (we’re getting new ones next year, right.) I am not that lucky. The damn dog has three stockings to choose from, two of which if she chewed the toe out of would be no big deal, and one of which if she chews the toe out of is a major event. And so which ones does she pick? Of course she chews the toe out of Hayden’s stocking. The one he is so proud of because it has his name on it. Damn dog!


Luckily Hayden was to excited about what went into the stocking and didn’t really noticed the hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment