One of the things I have been wanting for a very long time is a laundry chute. We were helping some friends move awhile back and they had one in their bathroom and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The only problem was it was very skinny and you couldn’t put much down it, especially towels. Now we had a laundry hamper, but sometimes it was just easier to open the basement door and throw the clothes or dirty items down the stairs. This worked well un
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
The Chute.
Where to start there has been so much. So I will go back to Thanksgiving. We were so lucky to have my parents come and spend the week with us. It started kind of rough as Turner wasn’t real excited to see my parents and cried all the way home from the airport. But he soon learned that they were the softies and warmed right up to them. Whenever they come, I try to have a project or two for my dad to work on around the house as he doesn’t do well when he is sitting idle. Back in May he tiled the shower and many other things. This time he installed the bathroom fan with light and heater in the same bathroom. Now it is just a matter of ripping out the old vanity, tiling the floor and buying a new vanity, vanity top and mirror.
One of the things I have been wanting for a very long time is a laundry chute. We were helping some friends move awhile back and they had one in their bathroom and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The only problem was it was very skinny and you couldn’t put much down it, especially towels. Now we had a laundry hamper, but sometimes it was just easier to open the basement door and throw the clothes or dirty items down the stairs. This worked well un
til you actually had to go down stairs and you took your life into your hands trying to get past the pile at the bottom. So anyway I’ve wanted a laundry chute for a long long time. My dad being the ingenious person he is looked at several possibilities in my closet, Dave’s closet and other places, but we just couldn’t find a good spot to put this silly thing. Finally we found the perfect spot in my linen closet and my amazing dad built me a laundry chute for Thanksgiving. It is the coolest thing ever and I absolutely love it. No more expeditions down the stairs over piles of dirty clothes. And the chute goes straight into my laundry room, how convenient is that? He was worried about the kids falling in so there is even a lid. What an amazing dad I have, I think I may just be the luckiest girl in the world.

One of the things I have been wanting for a very long time is a laundry chute. We were helping some friends move awhile back and they had one in their bathroom and I thought it was the coolest thing ever. The only problem was it was very skinny and you couldn’t put much down it, especially towels. Now we had a laundry hamper, but sometimes it was just easier to open the basement door and throw the clothes or dirty items down the stairs. This worked well un
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment