Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hide & Seek


I had the distinct pleasure of playing Hide & Seek with my family last night after dinner. It is quite fun with a three and a half year old and a two month old. Let’s not forget the dog either.

Hayden’s latest thing is wanting to play Hide & Seek all the time. The only thing is he doesn’t quite get the concept of having to seek for the hidden person.

When it is his turn to hide he is talking so much and making so much noise there is no doubt about where he is hiding, which is usually some place in plain sight. If he is hiding with you forget about stealth as he will give you a blow by blow of anything and everything going on. If he is hiding in the closet he will open and close the door numerous times. The whole time he is carrying on a conversation with either the person he is hiding with or the person seeking him. To funny!

Then when it is his turn to count and seek, he will tell you exactly where to hide. I was told to hide in my closet. Then when I hid in the shower behind the curtain he repeatedly walked past the door yelling “Mom, where are you?” as if I’m supposed to answer him.

Turner does not like hiding in the bathroom behind the curtain in the dark. He started crying and if Hayden’s flipping the shower curtain around hadn’t already given us away to Dave who was the seeker, I’m sure Turner’s crying would have.

Additionally the dog has to get in on the whole scene and inevitably leads the seeker to the hider. Hayden and I were again hiding this time in the front room behind the couch. Hayden declared it a, “Great Hiding Spot.” And it was a great spot as we both fit comfortably and were completely concealed from the casual passerby. The only problem was Daphne wanted to play and decided to hide with us in our great spot, with her butt sticking out wagging her tail like a flag and licking our faces. Again not so stealth.

It was such a fun time and one I hope to repeat over and over again in my children’s lives. I know sometimes I can be such a stickler for getting things done and keeping the house clean and I forget that playing with Hayden is more important then all the rest. He is such an amazing little boy and he makes me laugh so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment