Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Two Boys!



I was always under the impression that when I grew up (not that this has actually happened, but you know what I mean.) and had kids I would have a boy and a girl. In that order, just like it was in my family growing up. But the Lord had other ideas for me and I have two beautiful boys. People ask if I’m going to try for a girl now and I just shake my head. The Lord knew I was only going to have two kids and he deemed that they should both be boys. Who am I to thwart his decision?

I originally thought I would be disappointed if my second child was a boy. But lying at the doctors office with all that goop on my belly, surprisingly I wasn’t. I was more excited than anything. And the more I thought about it the more excited I got. In the short time since I have found numerous reasons why I am so grateful for my boys. The top four are listed here:



1. I don’t ever have to worry about taking a girl to the OB/GYN’s office for the first time.




2. Road trip are so much easier when you have a little one who can’t always hold it until the next rest stop. The side of the road makes a great place for the said little one to relieve himself. You couldn’t do this with a girl.


3. I’m not a girly girl and I really don’t like pink so I would have struggled with this.



4. Clothes for girls are too cute and I would go broke buying them. Clothes for boys are okay and some are cute, but I can restrain myself much more easily.




I do worry about how our relationship will be in the future when they get older and married. Like I look at my relationship with my mom and it is better now than it ever was when I was a kid. Yet my brother’s relationship with her tends to be more standoffish. So is Dave’s relationship with his mom. It seems to me that a man is never as close to his parents as a girl tends to be. This makes me sad as I would love to have the relationship with my sons when they are older that I have with my mom and even my dad. It is a long way off, but something I'm thinking a lot about right now.

1 comment:

  1. My Zoe once told me that she wishes she were a boy just so she could pee outside!

    ReplyDelete