Friday morning dawned with a closing of Dave's school, the boys school and my work. In nine and a half years of working for the IRS in St. Louis I got one lousy snow day, despite the massive amount of snow and ice they received. Not even four months in Texas and I get a snow day. If I had known they would come so readily I would have insisted on moving here sooner. It was a sad cold day, the boys and I were supposed to head down to Brownsville to spend the day with my parents, but with the weather being so cold they had high tailed it to a house with an actual heater(aka Gilbert's house) and so we ended up staying in San Antonio. Which with the look of the roads was not a bad idea. Plus they closed the highways. My poor pansies which had been so pretty on New Years looked like they had seen the end.
Hayden was quite excited about the snow and insisted on heading out to play in the skiff we received. 
He lasted about five minutes total. Turner didn't even want to try, not that I blame him. There really wasn't much in the way of snow, but it really was quite cold and there was a thin coating of ice on everything.
As we had the boys home for the day and it was much to cold to head outside we built a bear cave in the dinning room. The boys had a great time hiding in the cave and having snacks and all kinds of adventures.
We also dug deep into the toy box and found a couple of Hayden's radio controlled cars. The boys had the best time racing them around the kitchen floor. Turner just loved grabbing his by the big antenna on the back when it didn't go where he thought it should. 
After the bear cave and the R/C cars were played out we broke out the crayola window markers. I had been saving these for a special occasion and this seemed about as good as any. It was either that or I would have to put the boys outside in the cold for an extended period of time. 
I've decided the markers were a hit and I may have two Picasso's on my hand. There was one picture I swear was an abstract of Ben Franklin. I couldn't get a good picture of it to post so you'll have to trust me it was the spitting image of ole Ben. So all in all we had a good day together stuck inside. Luckily the it was only for the day or who knows what could have happened.

No comments:
Post a Comment