I found out today the mother of one of my high school friends died on Friday. I was sad to hear the new. I don't know what happened and other than Facebook I really haven't talked to my friend in years. But still it hit close to home. Her mom was older than my parents, but how quickly death can happen. Sometimes my mom will tell me of someone who has died and she usually follows it with and they weren't much older than your dad and I, or and he was younger than your dad and I.This last month I have had the incredible opportunity of spending more time with my parents than I have had in years. I am grateful for that time and all the rest and the special moments we have had over the years. I hope that when the sad day comes and I have to say goodbye to them until I join them on the other side I will not have any regrets, that they will know of my love for them and my eternal gratitude for all they have done for me. I am not perfect, but I would not be even a smidgen of the person I am where it not for them. Thanks to them I have the true gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and a strong testimony of all it entails. Thanks to them I have had more life experiences than anyone person should be allowed to have. And thanks to them I have become the person I am today with all the self assurance I have and the knowledge I can do anything I put my mind to and not only will I accomplish my goal, but I will have their full support no matter the cost.
My heart goes out to Liz and her family at this time of year with the loss of someone so dear to them. I remember many a day's spent at Liz's house and talking to her mom about this or that. She was a good mom to Liz and truly loved her daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment