Thursday, December 23, 2010

San Antonio Zoo in December

We took the boys to the San Antonio Zoo today. Despite being friends of the zoo, this was going to be my first visit and I was a little leery about going to a new zoo. The St. Louis zoo is just so good, and I was worried about being disappointed. This was not the St. Louis zoo, but I need to have feared the San Antonio zoo is a great zoo and we had a wonderful time and a family. At one point I was sure we had covered at least half of the zoo when I saw a map and realized we hadn't even done a third.
Always have to get a picture of my incredible boys. This is at the entrance to the zoo.
They have a ton of flamingos at the zoo. This is Hayden doing his imitation of a flamingo. Lucky for us he smells way better than they do.

One thing the San Antonio zoo has which St. Louis doesn't is a Lorry exhibit. These birds were crazy. We had a great time feeding them, despite the fact one pooped on me. The birds were every where. Hayden was quite the trooper when they even landed on his head.


Just walking into the exhibit the birds swarmed to you if they saw you had the nectar they loved. Dave had a bunch all over him.

Turner loves animals or at least the thought of animals. He wasn't so thrilled when the lorries decided to land on his head. I didn't get a picture but the freak out was quite memorable. After that he didn't want anything to do with the lorries.


We didn't even make it through the whole zoo so there will be many more opportunities to feed the lorries.

No comments:

Post a Comment