Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wild Animal Safari . . . Texas Style

So as part of the boys love of animals we decided to take a day and head out to the Natural Caverns Wild Animal Safari. What a great time we had.
Now I know goats are not exactly the most wild of animals. And why is it when they say petting zoo, there are only ever goats. There have got to be other animals that like to be petted.
Anyway Turner is getting over his aversion to letting the animals actually touch him. He even let this little guy eat out of his hand.
I just loved this picture. Plus I had to throw it in to prove Hayden was on the trip with us, because I didn't get another single picture of him while we were driving around as he was in the back seat.

At the park they have all different kinds of animals. Several caged in a walking area like Lemurs (two different kinds) Mackaw birds, Giraffes and Cavies. And then they have this 400 acre area you drive your car into and the animals are all wandering around. Of course you can buy food to feed the animals and of course we had to buy some, and of course the animals know you have food so they come right up to the cars.

I'm not sure what this animal is, but it is just so pretty I wanted too include the picture. I could go look in the little guide book we bought, but I'm to lazy right now.

These were awesome. The front one is a long horn. You'd think these were from North America, but not according to the little guide book we bought. The book said the long horn actually came from England and Spain and was brought over by settlers. Interesting!
The three in the back at Watusi. Not only do they have a cool rack on their heads, but a cool name. . . Watusi. That's what I want to be when I get reincarnated (no I don't really beleive in reincarnation).


The next thing we know there is this huge Buffalo coming at the car and he looked like he meant business. Now you are not actually suppossed to feed the animals from you hand, you are suppossed to drop the food on the ground. But this guy wasn't having any of that . . .


He decided to get up close and personal in the car and even wanted to take a taste of the Turner. This is one of my favorite pictures.

The sign said the Zebra's may bite, but we found them to be very friendly.


Towards the end of our four mile tour through the Texas Safari, Turner decided to give driving a go.
We had a great time. It amazes me all of God's creatures. Even when an animal appears ugly if you really look at it, it is such a beautiful thing. I have trully gained a new appreciation for God's creates as I see them through the wonder of my boys eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment