Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blues vs. Stars

St. Louis is nothing if not a sports town. There are the Cardinals for baseball, the Rams for football and the Blues for Hockey. Dave and I really are not big sports fans ourselves, but we have attended a game or two with friends or family. Some of the people I work with are major fans and buy season tickets every year, definitely not for us. One of these people got transferred to Chicago and was selling off his Blues tickets, I figured they would be pretty good seats and the price was right so I bought a couple of his tickets for a Blues Hockey game as a special treat for Hayden. I originally anticipated Dave and Hayden would attend the game but as it worked out I got to go. And the seats were very good, thanks Rich. Hayden and I had a fabulous time.

I tried to get Hayden to take a nap earlier in the day, but he wouldn't and so he fell asleep on the drive to the game.
At the game he wouldn't let me take any pictures of him, but I did get in a quick one before his hand came up. He was so cute sitting in this seat with his little legs sticking straight out. We even put Gold spiking gel in his hair, but you can't really see it in the pictures.
I'm not sure how much of the game he understood, but it was fun to explain to him what was going on. He even caught a coupon for a free Dairy Queen blizzard when they fell from the blimp. Very exciting time.
On the ride home Hayden again fell asleep despite a mighty effort to stay awake. But he was quite happy holding the hockey puke we bought and with his free Blues poster on his lap.
I just love this little boy.

1 comment:

  1. He is such a little man! I can't believe how fast he is growing up! i love him so much.

    ReplyDelete