Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Lord does hear me!

In March we fasted and prayed for all we were worth about Dave getting the position at UTSA and we told the Lord if it was right to please let it happen and if it wasn't what our family was suppossed to do to please help us deal with the rejection.

Since Dave got the official acceptance letter from UTSA lots of things have been going on around our place. We have completed ever single major and minor project we ever started as we try to sell the house. And we wait and wait for people to come and look at the house. So far no luck. It has only been two weeks on the market, but I am not known for my patience.

Additionally, I applied for a supervisors position in San Antonio. This is a super long shot for me to get this job as there is only one position and there is a lot of competition. But how much stress it would relieve if I did get the job. The announcement closed on the 29th of March, more than two weeks ago. And I still haven't heard anything. Again not really good on the patience front.

So we continue to pray for the Lords help and we work like crazy people to do all we can do and still nothing.

And not to be a doubting Thomas, but sometimes I wonder, if it is all in vain.

Well yesterday I was looking for a very important piece of equipment I use at work. I remembered having it on Friday, but even after dumping out my purse I couldn't find it. Not a good thing. I looked at work and in my car and still nothing. When I got home I looked in the clothes I had worn on Friday and still nothing. So I put it out of my mind as I spent time with the family and went to bed. The next morning in my prayers I asked the Lord to please help me find this important piece of equipment, as I really didn't want to report I had lost it. I continued with my morning ritual and got the boys in the car to take them to daycare when out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of the thing I was missing.

It's not a big thing and maybe I would have eventually found it on my own, but to me it was an affirmation that the Lord did hear and answer my fervent pray. And he does hear our prayers about the selling the house and the supervisors job and in time, his time, he will provide an answer and a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment