Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Whoppers coming out our ears.


Tuesday evenings from 4-8 pm is family night at the Burger King up the street from our house. This is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because we can get a quick and cheap meal for the family. Bad because we tend to take advantage of this convenience more often than we should. But that is neither here nor there.
Yesterday after I had spent the whole day on a search warrant of another hoarders house, (why is it so many criminal, I mean alleged criminal are hoarders, just throw it away. If it has mold on it, it is no good. If it is more than five years old and you haven't touched it in five years throw it away. That's my rant, I'm done.) and Dave had to study for a test, we agreed we would take advantage once again of Burger Kings $2.99 Whopper Value Meals, and $.99 kids meals. What a deal.
The only problem was we didn't agree on who would pick it up. So when I got home and saw Dave wasn't there I assumed he had gone to pick up the boys. So I went to Burger King and placed my order at the drive thru window. Raquel the Burger King drive up window worker had no sooner given me my receipt for the food when my cell phone rings. Dave was calling to ask where I was because "dinner" was on the table. So as I was handed the food I ordered and headed home I wondered what we were going to do with all those fries.

We ended up with 5 Whoppers with cheese, 5 medium fries, 5 Dr. Peppers, 4 cheese burgers, 4 small fries, 4 kids fruit punches and 4 Sponge Bob Square Pants watches. So much for a cheap dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment