Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Singing Hearts

While trying to get back into my exercise routine, I took Hayden with me for a walk yesterday. As we were walking along there were several flags planted in the grass to mark water lines and other underground goings on. There was also a mosaic of coordinating colored lines spray painted on the ground to mark said goings on. Hayden was so cute as he plucked one flag after another up for his little collection. I would have felt bad about letting him take the flags, but they have been there for quite some time and they did have the coordinating spay paint lines.

While we were walking and talking and flag waving, my heart was so full of love for my sweet little boy and I told him, "Hayden, you make my heart sing." He kind of took this in stride and we continued on our way. As we got closer to the library, our destination, he found some additional flags of a color he did not have in his bouquet. After plucking one up and running back to me he said to me, "Mom, my heart is singing for you." He is such an incredible little boy. I know before he came along I had so much more time on my hands, but I wouldn't trade him for all the time in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment