There is this mailbox in my neighborhood that I drive by Monday through Friday twice a day. Every time I drive by this mailbox I just have to shake my head. This mailbox is the tackiest thing in the world (in my opinion) and I would never be caught dead with it or anything like it in my front yard. It is a dolphin holding the mail box. I’m sure these people are very nice, and I’m sure they like dolphins an awful lot. But please isn’t there a line that just shouldn’t be crossed. I’m thinking they crossed that line. But again it is just my opinion and so everyday when I drive by this mailbox I just shake my head.
A couple of weeks ago I was driving by the above mentioned tacky mailbox and my heart just broke. Someone had taken something very hard and smashed the mailbox statue into several pieces. This made me absolutely sick. I couldn’t imagine anyone who was so selfish and simple minded as to do such a thing. Like I said earlier I think the mailbox is tacky beyond belief, but it is these peoples right to have a tacky mailbox if they so desire. I was so angry and sad by such a petty act, probably by someone who thought it was the funniest joke ever and who was having a great laugh over it. Since the incident the statue/mailbox has been put back together and repainted to look like new. I was grateful to these tacky people for doing this and not letting such a senseless act deter them and for standing up for their right to have a tacky object in their front yard.
So once again I can drive by their house and shake my head at how tacky their mailbox is and wonder why people do the things they do.
I agree with you all the way around, it's tacky and it's a shame someone thought they could destroy. People have such a huge misunderstanding of what free speech is. It could be fun to find out more about your "tacky" neighbors!
ReplyDelete