Hayden is trully a water baby. He would spend all day in the water if we would let him. As it has been rather warm here in St. Louis the last couple of days, we have been watering our lawn and Hayden will run through the sprinkler as a last resort. As I was watching him the other day, I took this picture and I love how the light and water worked together in this picture.
Hayden occassionally gets me to run through the sprinklers with him, though I just do it in my shorts and t-shirt. It is still quite fun. When we were kids, my brother and I, had this clown head that you hooked the hose up to and the spray of water would send the clowns hat up into the air. It wouldn't work on windy days, and if you got in the way the hat coming down could give you a pretty good goose egg on the head. But we had many a fun days and summers running around playing with that clown's head and getting soaked to the bone. I wonder whatever happened to that clown?

Oh the joys of being young. That is one of the blessing of having children, they bring the simple joys of childhood back, if you can take just a moment away from being an adult.
No comments:
Post a Comment