Saturday, January 22, 2011

Breakfast on a Saturday. . .

Today was a fabulously gorgeous day in San Antonio. We decided to take advantage of it and go enjoy a nice breakfast at the Guenther House Restaurant downtown as a family. Plus we wanted to celebrate Hayden getting better because he was sick all week with a stomach bug.


The Guenther house is a historic home with many period pieces in their museum in addition to the restaurant.


Turner loved the flowers on the table and wanted to share them with everyone.


Hayden got the strawberry waffle. OMGoodness it was incredible.


Dave and I got the breakfast taco's with a Dr. Pepper. What could be better?

Breakfast was incredible. Definitely someplace we will have to go back to time and time again. And someplace to take people when they come and visit.
After breakfast Dave had to go to school to work on his homework so we dropped him off there and the boys and I headed to the zoo. I tell you the zoo membership we bought has paid for itself multiple times. The boys love to go and see the animals and always ask to go.


While we were at the zoo I had a flashback after seeing these machines. . .


MOLD-A-RAMA so many memories. I remember as a kid they had these machines at the Hogle Zoo. As a kid my brother and I always wanted to buy these silly little wax figures made right in front of you while you waited. I remember thinking how unfair it was when my mom would tell us no. We did get one or two of them. I specifically remember getting the black gorilla for some reason. The van der Wekken's boys across the street had tons of them. Looking back on it as an adult it is so silly and such a waste of money, but as a kid they were the bomb. The boys occasionally ask for silly things which I think are a huge waste of money much like the wax animals, but I try to keep a little bit of a perspective and remember what it is like to be a kid and how sometimes the most silly thing makes all the difference.

After a long day at the zoo we picked up Dave and went home for a quite night.

No comments:

Post a Comment