As I get off the freeway to go home from work inevitably there is a person or two at the bottom of the ramp begging. Now I have my own personal policy about not giving money to these people, so I usually just shake my head "no" to them as they walk by. Sometimes they have a sign and sometimes they don't.
Today as I was getting off the freeway there was a guy sitting at the bottom of the ramp holding a sign. The sign really irritated me, it said, "Didn't your momma teach you to share." I seriously wanted to roll down my window and say, "No my momma taught me how to work hard and not sit around on my ass waiting for a hand out." I just drove by and give him a really sour look.
Thanks Momma!
That's as bad as the person is Salt Lake that had a sign that they just needed enough money for a bus rid out of town. Almost a year later the same person was still in the same spot with the same sign so my sister went and told her a bus ticket must be very expensive since she had been there for a year.
ReplyDelete