Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Scary Moment . . .

As part of my plan for improving my lifestyle I have tried to start using the stairs whenever possible this last year. So when moving to my new office in San Antonio I figured it wouldn't hurt to continue with this trend. The office is only on the fourth floor and starting from the first floor it is really only three flights of stairs. I did this all of the time in St. Louis at the RAY Building. Anyway I digress.
After getting settled in, in the San Antonio office I decided to take an adventure and acquaint myself with the stair wells as I planned to start using them more. I mean seriously you walk out the door to our office and the first thing you see is the door to a stair well. So through the door I went. At first it looked just like most other stair wells. Cleaner than most, but very industrial in nature.
After I pass the landing for the second floor I head on down to the first floor. When I turn at the rail I am confronted by this really long stair well which goes down much further than I believe it should to stop at the first floor. But hay what the heck we are already here lets see where it goes.

At the bottom of the extra long stair well is another extremely long stair well leading to a darkish tunnel. This is definitely below the first floor of the building. But in for a dollar right? And I head down this flight of stairs.

At this point I run into a big metal door which does not look like it leads to the first floor.

Additionally there are warnings of alarms should I choose to actually continue through.


At this point I decided it was in my best interest just to return to the second floor landing and take the elevator down to the first floor. So up the two extremely long flights of stairs. At the second floor landing I reach for the door only to find it locked. Hum! Curious. So I head up to the third floor. Again locked! HUM! So up to the fourth floor . . .Back where I started, and luckily the door was not locked. I said a quick prayer of thanks and have been taking the elevator ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment