About a week ago I was reading a newspaper article about how the city of Brownsville, Texas has banned the use of one-use bags within the city limits. This includes grocery stores, Wal Mart's, Target's, restaurants and everywhere. If you don't bring your own bags the store will charge you $1 to use their remaining stock of one-use bags until they are gone. Some people where very upset by this new law and said they would start driving outside the city limits to shop because they use the bags for trash can liners and to pick up dog poop.
Anyway this article got me thinking about my resolve to try and be a better person and make better decisions. I have seen the reusable bags at the stores and I've though numerous times about picking some up, but never have. So this article got me to get my bum in motion and I am now the proud owner of five reusable grocery bags. So proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment